365 Camping Caravanning Forum
February 21, 2018, 10:02:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Cookies on 365 Camping Caravanning

Great value caravan and motorhome insurance

News: Look Here For Our Next Rallies And Meets

Rallies And Meets Click Here >>

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing weight  (Read 2279 times)
Abbeyford
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 06:49:47 PM »

Well i have Drs permission to go away for a few weeks PROVIDED i do a full blood test as soon as i come back.   
UPSIDE of these 40mg water tablets is they are keeping the swelling down.
DOWNSIDE is Pete will have to empty loo more often while we are away  Grin Grin Grin

Good to hear your feeling better Jo & able to go away, enjoy your time away
Omega 365
Administrator

365 Camping Caravanning

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »

Eat less and well do more exercise is the way to loose weight.

All these diet plans are just a wast of money, some will produce short term gain but nothing will ever match eating good food and not to much and exercising. Walking more is a good start Bob.

Good to see you are doing well Bob
Ken and Wendy

Ken the retired builder (Bob's uncle) and Wendy

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 08:22:59 AM »

In the new year Wendy started going to Slimming World.  She has lost 2.5 stone - I have lost 2 stone.  It is a complete change of diet.  We have stayed the same since going on holidays etc.  Once the summer ends we will be back on the strict diet.  This does not mean going hungry - it's a change of food. We eat plenty and we were/are never hungry.

We eat lots of stir fries now cooked only in olive oil.   Also lots of rice.  (I use the microwave rice in a bag - about 50p from Asda and Home Bargains.)

Face piles of trials with smiles
ßob

Rover 45 Easycamp Napoli 500 .Suffolk Coast

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »

The car is parked up, I've been given a cycle with 15 gears?Huh I only use 3 and now cycle or walk to destinations within 5 miles from home. Amazing how much I save on petrol.

"I THINK MY GUARDIAN ANGEL DRINKS"
ßob

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 01:53:03 PM »

Weight loss has stopped for some reason, but muscles are firming up.
Some are telling me to take it easy at my age, I say "I don't worry about old age.......it doesn't last."

jessymoo
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »

Weight loss has stopped for some reason, but muscles are firming up.
Some are telling me to take it easy at my age, I say "I don't worry about old age.......it doesn't last."
Grin Grin
Ken and Wendy

Ken the retired builder (Bob's uncle) and Wendy

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 08:15:49 AM »

The car is parked up, I've been given a cycle with 15 gears?Huh I only use 3 and now cycle or walk to destinations within 5 miles from home. Amazing how much I save on petrol.

It will probably extend your life Bob.  - From Old age - to Ripe old age.   Smiley

Face piles of trials with smiles
Madcaravanner

Nutcase with the motorhome and mobility scooter

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 09:14:37 AM »

It will probably extend your life Bob.  - From Old age - to Ripe old age.   Smiley

A quick note on bikes if it says 15 gears it has 5 gears and three ratio's on the pedals so you can use your energy wiser when you get to a hill you drop ratio's and it's easier to pedal

Beware cycling on the smallest ratio ring (front ) and the largest gear ring as you will pedal like mad and go nowhere but look like a monkey on a mangle

Oh yes and work it out We went on holiday and I was 87kg dared tell Steph that I returned after 7 weeks weighing ......... 84kg  and she put almost a stone on

Graham & Stephanie
The Madcaravanners
ßob

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »

To infirmity and beyond...

ßob

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »

Wow..cannot believe it's over a year since the last update on this forum.
To begin the cycling was good, the Nordic walking too, weight falling nicely, then Lady Luck poked her oar in.
My hip and spine developed severe osteo-arthritis so getting on the bike has become impossible and walking limited, I had to part with my beloved BMW motorcycle as she was too heavy to safely hold up when stopped, so now I have a little twist n go step through scooter for when the mood takes me, if not it makes a nice garden ornament Smiley (but my weight had crept up again)

Our local council are offering a free 12 week health course and so I signed up, the first class was this Monday 21st Jan, what an eye opener...you can keep slimming world and weight watchers, this is great, no dieting, just a change in lifestyle and apparently the weight stays off, even if like me you are exercise restricted. Best of all you can still eat 'normal' foods.
By the way....I am the thinnest one there so I feel much happier .

I wished to lose 5 stone when I first posted on this thread, and according to the first weigh in,  by my own efforts I have lost 11 pounds. Hopefully by May I will reach my target.     How you all doing with your efforts?

jessymoo
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 06:31:45 PM »

Well done on loosing 11lb already Bob. Good to see you on the forum again.  Grin I have put some weight back on over the last few months. I need to get some off again before the summer. Being naughty on our Spanish stay at the moment though.  Cheesy
Madcaravanner

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »

Keep going Bob I know how hard it is I have the opposite problem trying to keep my weight up due to my medical condition I loose weight all the time -Whilst Steph is fighting like most of you to loose weight she is loosing it slowly which is actually upsetting her as she feels she is working so hard for it she should be loosing more

Graham & Stephanie
The Madcaravanners
Jo Parker

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2018, 10:16:05 PM »

The strong pain killer i am on just pile the weight on , doesn't help when the Consultant doubles my dose....duh At least i have better relief from the pain and can walk a bit further.  It's either the Devil (pain) or the deep blue sea ( weight)

jessymoo
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 10:23:10 PM »

Aw Hope you stay less painless Jo x
Madcaravanner

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2018, 07:37:13 PM »

The strong pain killer i am on just pile the weight on , doesn't help when the Consultant doubles my dose....duh At least i have better relief from the pain and can walk a bit further.  It's either the Devil (pain) or the deep blue sea ( weight)

I know what you mean about pain
I do quite a lot of meditation and self hypnosis to reduce mine and when that doesn't work I start with Paracetamol and work up to Buphenorphine SRPatch

BUT the best pain killer for me is warmth last year the South of Spain certainly did me GOOOOD
Hope you get sorted so you need less analgesia

Graham & Stephanie
The Madcaravanners
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Outdoor Clothes Check Out Some Of The Best Deals On The Net

Check Out Great Clothing Deals From:-  Craghoppers    Millets

Great value caravan and motorhome insurance